Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 181 - Thanksgiving Letter

Dear BMD (Bone Marrow Donor),

I could not let Thanksgiving go by without sending you a giant “Thank You.”  Friday is my new half-birthday and marks six months since your marrow began flowing through me.  I think of you and what you did for me regularly.

I am doing well.  We had a family wedding in October and I danced like crazy!  I was not able to dance much at my son’s wedding in July although I was able to attend.  My family noticed a big difference in my progress between the July and October weddings.  At the October wedding, my brother-in-law said it was the first time in a long time that he looked at me and forgot I was a cancer patient.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I hope your family knows how wonderful you are.  I do.

Your BMR (Bone Marrow Recipient)

No comments: