Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 130 – Out of Sync

Yesterday, Jeff insisted that Giblet had become addicted to the TV Show Heartland.  They “had” to watch episode after episode because “she likes the horses.”  Needless to say, Jeff did not have a particularly productive day.  Today, however, he approached the day with activity in mind.  He did laundry, emptied his work trailer so the guys at church could haul pallets for the Pumpkin Patch, called Dr. Lee to discuss his final evaluation for the BMT patient exercise study and called Aetna to respond to their letter asking whether his injuries were the result of an accident.  He also made a lovely dinner for his family and spoke with Amanda, the medical supply coordinator.  

Jeff told Amanda that he will be done with the IV bags after Thursday.  Amanda was in disbelief and said, “Let me check my paperwork!”  After Jeff described Dr. Porter’s plan for ending the IV fluids and yanking the Hickman catheter, Amanda finally seemed to get on board with the idea.  For her, it requires some changes to what will be stocked in our medical supply box.  I keep telling Jeff that it won’t be long before Dr. Porter releases him back to Dr. Kennedy’s care.  Dr. Julia Kennedy called Jeff last week to check on him and said she, too, expected that Jeff would be back in her care soon.

Kerry and Kim had dinner with us tonight.  After dinner Kim left for class and Kerry went to work in Jeff’s shop.  Giblet, Jeff and I planned to go for a walk. 

Jeff had moved his van out of the garage and decided he would put it back into the garage before we left the house for our walk.  I grabbed a poop bag, hooked the leash on Giblet and went out front to wait for Jeff.  Meanwhile, instead of coming outside by way of the garage door, Jeff went back into the house to look for me.  While I waited outside wondering what was taking him so long, Jeff went room-to-room calling for me.  He called at the foot of the stairs and at the basement steps but got no response.  I got tired of waiting for him but had, unfortunately, locked myself out of the house.  I took Giblet out back to see if the back door was unlocked.  Nope.  However, I did notice the bathroom light on so I guessed Jeff had to use the bathroom before we left.  Evidently, while I was out back, Jeff went out to the sidewalk and looked for me up and down the street.  When he went inside, Giblet and I went out front and used the garage keypad to get back inside.  Jeff was in the entry and asked where I’d been hiding. 

United once again, we set off on our walk.  At the first corner, our neighbor’s dog, Molly, began to “talk” to Giblet and things got a little crazy.  Giblet lunged toward the fence at Molly’s house and seemed to be turning the corner at Jeff’s lead, I thought.  So I turned the corner and began walking south.  Jeff hollered and I turned to see that Giblet and Jeff had continued straight up the block!  Good grief!  We just couldn’t get it together tonight!  I feel like I’m likely to have nightmares about this!    

No comments: